Monday, August 18, 2008

The Three Worst Dates I Ever Had

Drum roll please ....

3. A rose, a meal and an extra guy. That's right. The girl brought a guy on the date with her. Particularly humiliating was the fact that I had told the waitress table for two and then waited an hour before she showed up.

2. After not sleeping for three days a late night dinner at a place I could only describe as an Italian picnic and drinks at a bar (I'm straight edge) with marketing execs for Drug Companies that extolled the virtues of Hoboken and a soon to be Reality Star and his wife who kept telling my girlfriend that I liked them better than the other couple.

1. Smackdown! After promising to take her family to a (at the time) WWF event at Nassau Coliseum, and after we arrived at the coliseum in her car, my girlfriend decided she didn't want to go in to the event and split. After a loud show where her nephew pressed my hands against his ears for three hours, after a trip to the bathroom covered in vomit, we went outside and my girlfriend revealed that she had dropped me and her family to go on a date with another guy who she brought with her to meet me (lightening strikes twice). After a fight where she ordered me to get int the car, I, with my Scooby Doo backpack (a Christmas gift from my girlfriend) thrown over my shoulder, walked back to Mineola in the rain while limousines filled with wrestlers drove by.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Holy crap. That last one hurt me. Like when you can feel the pain if you see another guy get hit in that certain area.

Dave(your very old but young friend)