Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fortune Cookies

I'm an aspiring writer. For me to get to the point where I can author a great novel I have to learn how to write a story. To get to that point, I have to be able to write a scene and to craft a wonderful scene I need practice with single lines. Every word is important. With that in mind I will not attempt to impart wisdom and stir emotions by composing in a form of literature known for brevity and potency: fortune cookie fortunes.

1. Good days lie ahead ... not necessarily for you.

2. It's always darkest before the dawn, but you'll never see the dawn if you are devoured by Vampires.

3. Every cloud has a silver lining, probably because of pollution.

4. You love your wife and so does the mailman from about noon to one every Wednesday.

5. You have friends ... they just don't like you very much.

6. You can't go home again ... your mother changed the locks.

7. Lies will be your undoing, unless I'm lying to you now.

8. The sun smiles every time it sees you, because to it, you are funny looking.

No comments: